IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. The equipment hand-piece emits a pulse of calibrated and extremely brief intense light, which is absorved by the chromophores of the skin (melanin, hemoglobin and water) and transformed into heat. The light, composed by many photons, acts only on the treated area at multiple wavelengths. The light energy disables the hair follicle temporarily delaying its growth.
PROFESSIONAL IPL HAIR REMOVAL STEP BY STEP
- 1 - Shave the area to be treated - 2 - Mark the area to be treated with a white pencil in order to have a reference and leave no area without treatment. In this way, we will always know where to start, specially when the patient turns around to treat the back of the legs.
- 3 - Paint moles or dark spots with the whit pencil to avoid burns.
- 4 - Apply conductive gel on the area to be treated.
- 5 - Place the corresponding filter for the type of treatment (hair removal in this case).
- 6 - Put the safety glasses on.
- 7 - Set the equipment paramenters according to the patient characteristics (skin type, hair color... etc.). Refer to the user guide for the choice of parameters.
- 8 - Make 3 or 4 test shots with the hand-piece.
- 9 - Check that the skin is not red or burnt.
- 10 - Check again the equipment parameters (if necessary) and continue treating the marked area.
- 11 - When finished with that area, remove the conductive gel and apply it on the next area to be treated. Repeat the same process on all the areas to be treated.
- 12 - Once you have finished wit the IPL hair removal treatment, remove the conductive gel completely and clean the skin.
- 13 - Apply a post-waxing gel with calming properties, ie. Aloe Vera.